Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_dto_garage_common.php on line 1582
2007 Mustang GT 0-60 stock (manual)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Mustang GT 0-60 stock (manual)

First Name
    Ez

Cool 2007 Mustang GT 0-60 stock (manual)

No one ever believes me when I say my 2007 Mustang GT is 0-60 in 4.9 seconds stock, here is a quote from car and driver...It is frustrating because some magazines have it at 5.1 others at 5.3, I like 4.9 that sounds about right. Please read.
    The 2007 Mustang GT offers excellent value in its class based on its engine. The 4.6-liter V8 serves up 300 horses at 320 lbs. ft. of torque. The car reaches 0-60 mph in a mere 4.9 seconds with fuel efficiency of 17 mpg city, 25 mpg highway. The 4.0-liter V6 is standard on the base Mustang providing a 210 horsepower with fuel efficiency of 19 mpg city, and 28 mpg highway. A five-speed automatic is available as an option. The MSRP of $19,910 for the base and $31,145 for the GT keeps with the spirit of the 60s. The only drawback is the fuel economy for the V8 could be less thirsty.

First Name
    Dan
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SonicGT

It all depends on if you got a strong engine and the driver. Not all 4.6's are created equal. Some will put out more or less hp, and for the 0-60 depends on traction and in a manual how good you can shift.

Get a g-tec meter and it will give you an idea of your 0-60 times. I have an older one so not sure how accurate mine is, and I also have an app for my iphone that does 1/4 mile and 0-60 which I know isn't accurate since I tested it when I was at the track and had a timeslip to compare it to.

First Name
    Chris
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: GrabberGT

Even if the magazines can do it, are you able to do it? It takes more than just a hell of a driver. It takes a strong running car, good conditions, traction, etc.

I know great drivers have gone 0-60 in under 5 seconds a few times. It's not easy in a Stock GT though.

First Name
    Andy
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful

You could always say "My car has the potential to...." and no one can refute the claim...just carry the magazine quote with you if it comes up!!!!!
    Sometimes it just better to put the pinks on the line and prove it!!!!!

I never make claims....
    Having a 4.0, I just smile, wave, and let em go bye!!!!

First Name
    Ryan
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Magazines have different time in their articles because when they test it there were different conductions, like the drive, the air temperature, humidity, and testing surface. A drag strip will get better times then a road track, a professional driver will get better times then even the part time races like us. and car perform better a low air temp and humidity.
    05 Sonic blue Mustang GT
    5spd with 4.10
    Comp Cams 127200 NSR stage 2 cams, C&L Racer CAI with Brenspeed tune, JBA LT headers with catted H pipe and mac axle backs, BMR LCA's & Panhard Bar, J&M ADJ UCA, CHE K-member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters, Steeda UDP, Charge Motion Delete Plates, and Dynotech 3.5 Drive shaft
    A lot more to come….
    13.02 @ 106.24 (1.83)
    307RWHP and 323RWTQ

First Name
    Ez

Default pro

I know it's a pro driving the car when they test it, they also do several runs and pick the best time, I ran a quarter mile in 13.8 - stock with my spare tire in the back and my headlights on - that is very close to 0-60 in under 5 seconds...My point is this is spending 1500.00 worth .6 seconds faster, they have an upgrade package at Victor Ford, in a few years if my car feels like it is slowing down - then I will get the upgrade, I am just so scared to get a retune, it really scars me.

First Name
    Yizzler
    My Mood
    Cynical

Why are you scared to get your car tuned?

the 'upgrade' package is not worth the money

First Name
    Ez

Default Tuned

i am scared to get my car tuned because if something goes wrong, it's not under warantee, also i don'y want to have a ghetto plastic square on my dash, Victor ford does the upgrade for 1100.00 installed - they have a ford racing division - no warantee for upgrades...You get an intake kit, mid exhausts, ford axle backs and a tune for 1100.00 installed, if you bought all the parts individually including the tuner it comes to 1100.00, you get 30 hp boost, and 40 boost in torque - Also, can someone just get a retune without adding anything else??

First Name
    Ez

Default Im scared

I'm scared. I have a car that runs great, problems start to happen when you ad things.